Winter is finally here, and we are excited to bring you some important updates as we kick off the season! With the recent snowfall and exciting developments on the horizon, there’s a lot to look forward to in the coming months.
- Snow Conditions at Chief Joseph Pass: We’ve received some fantastic news from Chief Joseph Pass – nearly 2 feet of snow has blanketed the area in the last four days! We’re are planning to start grooming later this week, but that could change because of the weather.
- Lake Como Trails Update: Lake Como receiver around a foot of snow, but then it rained on the lower half of the trails. We’re keeping an eye on conditions, but it’s going to take at least one more good storm before we can start grooming. We’ll keep you updated on any developments.
- Exciting Trail Changes at Lake Como: This winter, we’re thrilled to reveal some exciting changes coming to the Lake Como trails. Several sections of Lower Road have been re-routed off of the keep trucks off the groomed trails. Stay tuned for more details and updated maps as we start grooming.
- Club Meeting on December 5: Join us for a club meeting tomorrow, Tuesday, December 5 from 6-8 pm, at the Rocky Mountain Grange Hall in Hamilton, Montana (1436 S 1st St, Hamilton). It’s a potluck event, so bring your favorite dish to share. During the meeting, we’ll discuss our plans for the upcoming season and provide opportunities for you to get involved as volunteers.
- Upcoming Race – Rust Buster on December 16: Mark your calendars for our upcoming race, the “Rust Buster,” taking place on Saturday, December 16, at Chief Joseph Pass. It’s a 10km classic ski race with a 3km option for kids in both skate and classic styles. Don’t miss out on the chance to participate in this thrilling event! You can sign up at skisignup.com/Race/MT/Sula/ChiefJoseph.
As we embark on another fantastic season of cross country skiing, we encourage you to stay connected with the club, participate in our activities, and enjoy the beautiful winter wonderland that our trails have to offer.
Thank you for being a part of our cross country ski club. We look forward to seeing you at the meeting and on the trails!